The Posh Trading Company LTD
This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
We know that there’s a lot of information here but we want you to be fully informed about your rights, and how POSH Trading Company uses your data.
It’s likely that we’ll need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We’ll notify you of any significant changes, but you’re welcome to come back and check it whenever you wish.
- Explaining the legal bases we rely on
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
For example, if you order an item from us for home delivery, we’ll collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting our partnership to law enforcement.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
- When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit any of our websites, and use your account to buy products and services, or place orders on the phone, in our shops or online.
- When you create an account with us.
- When you purchase a product or service but don’t have (or don’t use) an account.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- What sort of personal data do we collect?
- If you have a web account with us: your name, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number.
- Details of your interactions with us online.
How and why do we use your personal data?
We want to give you the best possible customer experience. One way to achieve that is to get the richest picture we can of who you are by combining the data we have about you.
Here’s how we’ll use your personal data and why:
- To process any orders that you make by using our website or in store. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account. We’ll also monitor your browsing activity with us to quickly identify and resolve any problems and protect the integrity of our website. We’ll do all of this as part of our legitimate interest.
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
- To develop, test and improve the systems, services and products we provide to you. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
Sometimes, we’ll need to share your details with a third party who is providing a service (such as delivery couriers or a specialist contractor). We do so to maintain our service with you. Without sharing your personal data, we’d be unable to fulfil your request.
5b. Opting out of cookies
Click here to adjust your cookie settings
- How we protect your personal data?
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our website using ‘https’ technology.
Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data such as payment card information is secured and tokenised to ensure it is protected.
We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
- Who do we share your personal data with?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties.
For example, delivery couriers, specialist contractors, for fraud management, debt collection, to help us personalise our offers to you and so on.
- For fraud management, we may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity in our premises or systems. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies.
- We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration.
- We may, from time to time, expand, reduce or sell the business and this may involve the transfer of divisions or the whole business to new owners. If this happens, your personal data will, where relevant, be transferred to the new owner or controlling party, under the terms of this Privacy Notice.
- What are your rights over your personal data?
An overview of your different rights
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
You can contact us to request to exercise these rights at any time as follows:
To ask for your information please contact The Company Secretary, The POSH Trading Company Ltd. Suite 12 Quayside Lodge, William Morris Way, SW6 2UZ or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
- Contacting the Regulator
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113.
Or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns
If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
- If you live outside the UK
For all non-UK customers
By using our services or providing your personal data to us, you expressly consent to the processing of your personal data by us or on our behalf. Of course, you still have the right to ask
- Review of this Policy.
The policy will be reviewed annually.